Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Decorating Dilemma



Today I am joining in the Decorating Dilemma party over at Amanda's blog Serenity Now.

My decorating dilemma:

How to complete this accent wall in the living room.



I love the size of the mirror, but don't live the silver "frame". Because it is so large and rectangular, I think I need other things to accessorize it that aren't square or rectangular.

I love wreaths and although one would be great on one side of the mirror, what would I do on the other side?

Jason was taking a nap on the couch, so I couldn't take more pictures of the room. But you can get a glimpse of what it looks like here and in pictures 2, 3 and 4 here.

The decorating dreamer,


- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
I came back to add a comment this evening...there are two links just above my signature that show pictures of other parts of the room. I forgot to mention earlier that we're looking for a chair to go on the right side of the library table. The table is a family heirloom, so I'm working around it. :) I finally found the tin tiles I was thinking of to make a frame to go around this mirror that I'll like better. You can see them here.

2 comments:

Amanda @ Serenity Now said...

Hi, Brook! Thanks so much for joining the party. :)

I love the red wall! That mirror is awesome, a great size, but I do agree that it could use a different color frame. Maybe a can of spray paint would make a difference? ;)

I don't know what your budget is, but a longer, heavier storage piece like this: http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/90156855 in a darker stain or paint color might be cool. I went with IKEA b/c it's generally cheaper if you want something new.

OR you could hit some yard sales. :)

Maybe some apothecary jars in different sizes filled with neat stuff?

I think you have a great room. Thanks again for partying with us. :)

Wendy @ Ramblings from the Sunshine State said...

I agree, if you dont like the silver, give it a nice paint job! :)

How about a pair of sconces on the sides of the mirror?