Thursday, August 13, 2009

Loving My Husband Friday :: 8 - 14 - 09

Today I am joining a group of women over the The Peer Review who take the time each Friday to focus on their husband and their love for him. Jason's love language is words of encouragement and it is so fun and easy to share positive things about him.

Here are the directions for this Friday MeMe from The Peer Review...Loving My Husband Friday is for taking the time to focus on the positives of marriage. A time to build up your marriage and your spouse. Focus on something you love about your husband, something he did to encourage you this week, or just a tip on how to keep your marriage strong. Try to spend the rest of your week focusing on all the great traits of your spouse...especially when your tempted to focus on the bad! And don't forget to pray for your husband and marriage as you write your post.

Right now I don't work outside of our home. I am a graduate student and a substitute teacher. School hasn't started yet, so I could easily head to the grocery store on my own during the day. But Jason seems to really enjoy going to the store with me. At the store he reads ingredient labels for me, runs after things I forgot, and rarely puts items in our cart not on the list. When we're done he loads the bags into the car and when we get home, he hands me a bag or two, then sends me in the house as he brings everything else in. If I were to go sit down I think he'd even put it all away, but I've not tried that. :)

"You, my brothers, were called to be free. But do not use your freedom to indulge the sinful nature; rather, serve one another in love." Galatians 5:13 (NIV)

Served in love,

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Love the idea for this post. I joined in too (but it doesn't look like Mr. Linky is working).

Going to the grocery store can be such a burden. What a blessing to have a helpmate to come along side you.
Blessings ~ Lisa

Mominin said...

How fun to get groceries together! Prayed for your marriage. Thanks for joining in!