Thursday, January 27, 2011

Praying for Compassion

Several weeks ago one of my girlfriends (thank you, Rene) sent the following info. to me via E-mail.  I've asked her permission to share and hope that you will also use God's words as you pray.

Read the verses below and insert your name, your child's name, your husband's name or someone's name that it is difficult for you to show compassion.

Lamentations 3:22-23
Because of the LORD’s great love ____ is not consumed,
for His compassions never fail.
are new every morning;
great is Thy faithfulness!


Jeremiah 31:20
Is not _____ my dear son (or daughter),
the child in whom I delight?
Though I often speak against ____,
I still remember ____.
Therefore my heart yearns for ____;
I have great compassion for _____,”
declares the LORD.


Isaiah 49:13
Shout for joy, you heavens;
rejoice, you earth;
burst into song, you mountains!
For the LORD comforts ______
and will have compassion on his afflicted ones.


Psalm 145:9
The LORD is good to _____;
he has compassion on all he has made.


May the compassion of the Lord touch you today,

No comments: