Saturday, May 26, 2012

Red and White Fabric Wreath

Our front door had been blank for a month or two - gasp! - because I didn't have time to make something with all the end of the semester busyness.  Finally May came and I was able to dig into my file of inspiration and pulled out this creation from Cheryl at That's What {Che} Said.  I'm not sure I've mentioned it, but almost all photos of Jason on our blog show what a die hard St. Louis Cardinals fan he is.  So I decided to make a wreath for the front door to honor this love.  The fact that the colors also work for the Nebraska Cornhuskers was an added bonus. :)



After several sessions of cutting out 4" blocks with pinking shears, I completed the wreath while watching the much awaited (and very disappointing) Episode 1, Season 2 of Sherlock on PBS. Then I went to hang it on the 3M Command Strip and busted the hanger.  So after a trip to Wal-mart the next week, here it is on our front door:


The wreath turned out so much better than the show did!

No comments: