‘These people honor me with their lips,
but their hearts are far from me.
Matthew 15:8 NIV
but their hearts are far from me.
Matthew 15:8 NIV
For years I have been speaking to different people about a topic that a pastor recently labeled for me - social Christianity - attending church on Sunday morning to find companionship with other people, not a relationship with the Lord. I have been disheartened by the leadership of several churches we've attended that appear to push growth by numbers, rather than spiritual growth. By all accounts, these churches may very well have started off on the right path, but somewhere along the way have been waylayed. Most likely there are still invidividuals attending these churches that having a growing relationship with the Lord and are saddened by what is going on in their congregation, but are unsure of how to solve the problem.
Having this new term - social Christianity - in mind, I did a search to see what is out of the web about this topic. I'd love to hear your thoughts and opinions on this article I found ...
Spiritual Christianity vs. Social Christianity

No comments:
Post a Comment